Below is a listing of upcoming NYSPFP Events. For a full description, click "see
NYSPFP is compliant with the federal Rehabilitation Act, Section 508 requirements. Please contact Amy Jones at email@example.com if you require closed captioning services or a transcript of the webinars.
SSI/OR Safety Educational Webconference: Bundle Implementation Can Reduce SSI Rates
Thursday, December 3, 2015
7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
On December 3, NYSPFP will host a webinar to provide information on its “no harm across the board” approach to assist hospitals in addressing colon surgical site infections (SSI), including steps that can be implemented in the pre, intra and post-operative period. The webconference will feature Dr. Michael Timoney, Chief Quality Officer and Vice Chairman of Surgery at NYU Lutheran Medical Center. Dr Timoney will discuss how the colon bundle was operationalized within his hospital and the subsequent impact on colon SSI rates associated with bundle compliance.
Getting Started: Curriculum and Measurement Strategy
Friday, December 4, 2015
11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
During this webconference, NYSPFP staff will present on the following areas, in addition to responding to questions from participating hospitals.
1. NYSPFP Measurement Strategy
• Participants will be provided with an overview of the original measures with an in-depth description of measures that are new or different in HEN 2.0
• NYSPFP staff will review data submission processes, where applicable, as well as an overview of the NYSPFP data portal; and
• Participants will receive information about NYSPFP’s processes to streamline data collection and reporting for hospitals, including review of National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) conferring rights, National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) waiver process, and alignment with the New York State Department of Health’s sepsis initiative.
2. NYSPFP Approach and Curriculum:
• NYSPFP staff will provide participants w
NYSPFP-ACOG OB Safety Educational Coaching Call
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
On December 8, NYSPFP and the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) will be hosting the first of a five webinar series focused on reducing maternal hemorrhage and severe hypertension. During this webinar, ACOG faculty will present a case scenario related to hypertension and identify potential opportunities for improvement, followed by a hospital presentation on the implementation of processes necessary to achieve compliance with the ACOG Safe Motherhood Initiative (SMI) clinical bundle. NYSPFP staff will discuss the technical support that will be offered to hospitals as they work to enhance obstetrical safety related to maternal hemorrhage and severe hypertension. The outcome and process measures NYSPFP will collect in 2016, adapted from those collected by the ACOG SMI initiative, will also be discussed.